Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant – TD
Occupational Therapy Assistant Needed in Brooklyn, NY *New Grads Welcome*
Theradynamics has multiple excellent OTA job opportunities in a Skilled Nursing Facility in Brooklyn. We are looking to fill this occupational therapist assistant job opening as soon as possible. This is a professional position with the primary responsibility being direct patient care under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Tax Deferred Programs under AFLAC
- Unlimited continuing education credits through our interactive online library of courses
- 401K Plan with company match
OTA Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and articulate sound clinical reasoning in treatment planning, implementation and monitoring of patient progress.
- Recognize when standard patient protocols or treatment plans need modification to meet individual patient needs & reports to therapist.
- Understand the role of therapy in the context of the patient’s age, total needs perspective and environment.
- Perform age appropriate advanced competency skills in area of practice and with respect to individual patient’s problems.
- Assess the learning needs and capabilities of patients and caregivers with regard to age, level of understanding & emotional status.
- Consistently report to therapist patient progress/status to allow for update of goals and modification of treatment program.
- Utilize appropriate methods and materials for effective learning, monitoring response to education, and adapting program appropriately
Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in Occupational therapist assistant
- Valid New York State license
- Good organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Good written skills
- Ability to work well with others
- New grads and limited permits are encouraged to apply
Theradynamics is proud to be recognized as one of the leading contract rehabilitative therapy companies in the Tri -State area. For more then 20 years, we have been working closely with the patients in helping them achieve their goals through creative treatments and state of art equipment. We offer competitive salary and benefits that secures your future and we can accomodate your flexibility through full time or part time positions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.50 to $25.50 /hour
Required license or certification:
- Valid NY State Therapy License